Stock Market: It enables share trading by the Buyers and sellers.
It is a secondary market. All listed companies shares are available for trading.
It gives the picture of a country’s economy on day to day basis. All Exchanges are regulated by SEBI.
After IPO, the shares are listed here for trading. It functions from 09.00 AM to 03.30 PM every day except saturdays, sundays and holidays. Though it operates in the above timings, the time between 09.00 AM to 09.15 AM is meant for matching orders by the Exchange.
Stock market is having Members through whom only Buy orders and Sell orders are executed. We can not buy or sell directly with the exchange, but through Members only. Stock market’s Indices play a vital role in understanding the the daily behaviour of the market.
The biggest market in India is Stock markets.
- : Stock market is a place where shares of listed companies are traded after Initial public Offering.
- : To facilitate Trading (Buying and selling) by share holders.
- : Vegetable market Flower market Regulated markets of Agricultural Products Gold market Similarities: Both Buyers and sellers present. Settlement is taking place. Differences: The biggest in terms of Volume and turnover. The biggest number of participants involvement.
- : SEBI is a regulator of both Primary market and Secondary market. Approves IPO of companies by vetting the prospectus. Issuing guidelines regarding Stock Exchange's proper functioning. Taking appropriate action against defaulters.
- : Share holder: One who is having a stake in the company by legally owning the shares of the share capital of the company. Promoter: One who promotes the company and need not be an owner of that company. Director: One who manages the day to day operations of the company. He is a paid servant of the company. Some times, he may also own shares of the company.
- : Primary Market: Where Company is collecting funds from Public through Initial Public Offering. secondary Market: After IPO, the shares of the company are traded in Stock Exchange. The Exchange is Secondary market.
- : Paras Defence and Space Tech Ltd: Issue date: 21.09.21 - 23.09.21 market lot :85 Face value: Rs 10/- IPO Size: Rs 169.05 crores Times Subscribed: 16.57 ( as of day 1) Closing date: 23.09.21 Listing date: 04.10.21( tentaive) QuadPro ITeS Ltd: Issue date: 20.09.21 - 22.09.21 Market lot :6000 Face value: Rs 2/- IPO Size: Rs 14.10 crores Times Subscribed: 4.97 (as of 2nd day) Closing date: 22.09.21 Listing date: 01.10.21( tentaive)
- : Share holder can not ask for Refund, because, the fund was invested in the company. He can not ask for dividend also. because, paying Dividend is the decision of the Board. He can sell his shares in the stock exchange and get his amount.
- : Investment is Parking our fund in a company. we have to wait for some months or some years, depending upon the investment horizon, we decide. Eg: If I invest Rs one lakh in a company means, I have to wait till it is appreciated in value. investment requires large sum of money. Trading: With Rs One lakh, we can happily trading daily and gaining profits. It is continuous process daily. Trading does not require huge sum.
- : Face value: The cost mentioned in the share certificate. it may be RS 5 or Rs 10 or Rs 100. it is the nominal value. Dividend: it is profits equally divided and paid to share holders. Bonus: It is an offer to the existing share holders. Split: if a company splits he shares means it is increasing the number of shares but market capitalization will not change. The share prices will come down after split.
- : Sensex: It is the Index of BSE comprising 30 major companies selected from different sectors. That will give an idea about the day to day functioning of the market. It is not necessary to analyse all the listed companies to know the market functioning. The Sensex will give a fair idea of the market. The Base index was started as 3000 Points. Now, It is closed at 58927.33 on 22.09.2021. NIFTY: It is the Index of NSE comprising 50 major companies selected from different sectors. That will give an idea about the day to day functioning of the market. It is not necessary to analyse all the listed companies to know the market functioning. The NIFTY will give a fair idea of the market. The Base index was started as 1000 Points. Now, It is closed at 17546.65 on 22.09.2021.
- : Because of Liquidity, higher volume turn over and screen based trading. Other Exchanges are Dow Jones - New York Nasdaq FTSE - London CAC- Paris Nikkei- Tokyo Shanghai- Shanghai , China. Hang Seng -Hong Kong, China.