Viewing 5 posts - 366 through 370 (of 373 total)
  • Author
    SRINIDHI NARAYANAN
    Participant

Long position : when price is expected to increase , stocks are bought first and sold later .
    Short position : when price is expected to fall , stocks which don’t belong to us are sold first and bought later .
    Long unwinding position : selling shares to exit long position
    Short Covering position : buying shares to exit short position

Padmanabha
    Participant

Long: Buy the stocks first and then sell it later.

Short: Sell the stocks first(Without having stocks in Account) and then buy them later, before the final settlement.

Long Unwinding: Close out Position of Long, i.e Selling the stocks to exit the long position.

Short Covering: Close out Position of Short, i.e Buying back the stocks to exit the short position.

Gangadharan K
    Participant

Long–> Buy the stock(s) first and then sell it

Short–>Sell the Stock(s) first (without having stocks in account) and then buy them before the final settlement

Long Unwinding–> Exiting the logn position is referred as Long Unwinding

Short Covering –>Exiting the Short position is referred as Short covering

KAVITHA SUNDER
    Participant

Long: Long position is to buy the stocks first and then selling it later.

Short: Sell the Stocks first (without having stocks in account) and then buy them before the final settlement.

Long Unwinding: Close out position of Long, i.e Selling the stocks to exit the long position.

Short Covering: Close out position of Short, i.e Buying back the stocks to exit the short position.

Neha Narayanan
    Participant

When we expect the prices of shares to go up(increase)
    create a LONG POSITION i.e; buy shares and when the prices increases, we sell the shares. This process of selling the shares is known as long unwinding

When we expect the prices of shares to fall
    create a SHORT postion i.e; sell first and buy later when the price falls.
    Selling the stocks first(without having stocks in Account) and then buying them later before the final settlement is called short position. Buying, in this case is called short covering.

Viewing 5 posts - 366 through 370 (of 373 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 | Rights Reserved | EQSIS | Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Forgot your details?