Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 398 total)
  • Author
    Padmavathi Sukumar
    Participant

The exchange understands the price quoted by the buyer as the maximum price the buyer wishes to pay, i.e. the buyer can pay upto the quoted price. So even if the price quoted by the buyer is greater than the current market price the exchange completes the deal with the best matching seller’s price

Ramesh
    Participant

Generally whatever the quote you are making in stock exchange, it’s taken as the upper limit of stock price you would be interested in buying and lower limit of stock price in case of selling. In such scenario where the buyer quotes high price compared to current market price, the deal would strike with the best price quoted by sellers. Not based on the high price quoted by the buyer.

Gopalakrishnan
    Participant

The share will buy at current price up to what price you enter.

bhavani
    Participant

If i quote a high price to buy a stock than its current market price , i will be the first person in the queue as a buyer.   But the exchange will consider my order as that I am ready to pay up til the amount i quoted, but not the amount i quoted. Hence my order will be executed to the best market price available.

Srijith N
    Participant

If i quote high price to buy a stock i will be first in queue as a buyer and the exchange would make a deal immediately with the best prices available

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 398 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 | Rights Reserved | EQSIS | Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Forgot your details?