Stock market are of two types they are Primary market and secondary market.
Primary market is a company published for the first time with an IPO(Initial Public Offering).Secondary market is a place where shares are buy and sell by investors.
Stock market is a place where buyers and sellers gather for trading.SEBI is responsive for all activities of investors gain through share market. Share holders receive rewards as dividends and Bonus.
- : Stock market is a exchange virtually for buyers and sellers to trade their shares
- : To buy and sell shares.
- : Similar of markets are buyers and sellers are assembled in same place. Difference is they are traded virtually (through brokers) and directly(normally). Virtual markets: NSE,BSE and much more. Standard markets: koyambedu etc..,
- : SEBI is Securities and Exchange Board of India. Role: responsible for the investors for what they earned
- : Share holder: who owned the company shares from share market. Promoter: owner of company and request public to invest in his company.
- : Primary market: Sells company stock for the first time with an IPO(initial public offering). Secondary market: It is the place where public buy or sell their stocks by investors.
- : IPO is INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING. Process: it can be applied through broker accounts.
- : Share holder does not have rights for refund/dividends because If he buys stocks he becomes one of the owners in those company. He has the rights to sell those shares through Exchanges.
- : Investments: investors buy shares for long term investments. Trading: short term investment or intraday traders.
- : Face value: A company share is divided in to small shares. Eg: company certified value is 1000. Value is divided by company for their convenience Eg : 1000 divided by 100 is 10 and the face value is 10. Dividend: company profit is divided equally for their share holders. Bonus: Shares are given free for their share holders. Splits: number of outstanding shares are divided for the share holders and its face value is changed.
- : Index for BSE(BOMBAY STOCK EXCHANGE) is SENSEX and Index for NSE(NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE) is NIFTY.
- : NSE become popular than BSE because NSE has more Volume and liquidity