Nifty jump nearly 1 percent
How well the EQSIS recommendations performed today 26 April?
1. EQSIS: EQSIS Intra: Long DRREDDY above 2954 Target 2984 Stop below 2930 CMP 2949
Status: Not Initiated
2. EQSIS: EQSIS Intra: Long GAIL above 351.5 Target 354.9 Stop below 348.8 CMP 351
Closing Bell: Nifty jump nearly 1 percent
The NSE Nifty settled at 11,754, up nearly 1% on Friday. Domestic equity index Nifty finished higher today as softening of crude oil price lifted the sentiment amid strong buying in the last trading hours.
Among the sectoral indices, except for auto, media and realty, all other sectors ended in green led by metal, bank, IT, pharma and FMCG.
On the NSE Nifty50, Tata Steel, Bharat Petroleum, GAIL, ICICI Bank, and JSW Steel were the top gainers. On the flip side, Tata Motors, Bajaj Auto, Grasim Industries, Dr. Reddy’s Labs, and Bharti Airtel lost the most.
- Total revenue grew to Rs 8049 crores in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 8072 crores in Q4 FY18.
- Net profit after tax to Rs 722 crores in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 965 crores in Q4 FY18.
- Earnings per share to Rs 36.5 in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 48.4 in Q4 FY18.
- Total revenue grew to Rs 547 crores in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 499 crores in Q4 FY18.
- Net profit after tax to Rs 276 crores in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 172 crores in Q4 FY18.
- Earnings per share to Rs 12.9 in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 8.16 in Q4 FY18.
Market Update: Nifty extends gains
NSE Nifty index is trading 82 points up at 11,723. Nifty extended gains in the late afternoon deal after strong set of earnings from Tata Steel and Axis Bank. On the sectoral front, except Auto, Media and Realty, all the other indices are trading higher, led by gains in Banks, Finance and Metal indices.
Morning Update: Nifty trade higher led by financial, metal, pharma stocks
The broader NSE Nifty were trading marginally higher by 40 points to 11,684 with 50 of its constituents led by Tata Steel, Cipla, JSW Steel, Infratel, Indian Oil Corporation and Bharat Petroleum. Key equity index Nifty were trading higher, despite subdued Asian peers, as investors cheer optimism in Q4 earnings season. On NSE, sub indices- strength in financial, metal and pharma stocks supported the markets, however weakness in auto shares kept the upside in check.
Indian stock markets will remain shut on April 29, 2019, for Lok Sabha elections in Mumbai.
FII & DII Deets
Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) bought equity worth Rs 840.10 crore, while domestic institutional investors (DIIs) sold shares to the tune of Rs 4069.98 crore on 25 April.
- HDFC AMC
- HDFC Life
- Hero Motocorp
- Piramal Enter
- Yes Bank
Earnings Reaction To Watch
- Total revenue grew to Rs 702 crores in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 584 crores in Q4 FY18.
- Net profit after tax to Rs 50 crores in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 4.6 crores in Q4 FY18.
- Earnings per share to Rs 19.6 in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 1.8 in Q4 FY18.
- Total revenue grew to Rs 22327 crores in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 21760 crores in Q4 FY18.
- Net profit after tax to Rs 1795 crores in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 1882 crores in Q4 FY18.
- Earnings per share to Rs 59.4 in Q4 FY19, an increase from Rs 62.4 in Q4 FY18.
Top News Of The Day
Maruti To Stop Producing Diesel Cars
- India’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India Ltd announced that, it will stop selling diesel cars in its portfolio, from April 1, 2020, when the new BS VI fuel economy norms become active.
Jio Overtakes Airtel
- Reliance Jio has overtaken Bharti Airtel’s subscriber base. The company has emerged as India’s second largest telecom company. Jio, having a customer base of 30.6 crores, now trails only Vodafone-Idea.
Welcome to the live coverage of all the Intraday actions. Track this space for all the news, views and updates from the market