NIFTY ended higher for the second straight day in the volatile trading session amid weak global cues
Updated 6:30 pm
How well the EQSIS recommendations performed today 15 October?
Market Sentiment: We concluded the market sentiment as bearish as NIFTY grinding lower in the opening hour of trade.
1. EQSIS Intra: Short M&M below 747.5 Target 740.9 Stop above 752.75 CMP 751
This call was given in the morning as this stock was seen under-performing well with along with Auto sector.
This call was initiated as expected and achieved the target.
2. EQSIS Intra: Short ICICIPRULI below 310.5 Target 307.1 Stop above 313.25 CMP 312
This call was picked in the morning as this stocks was seen under-performing well along with surge in volume.
Result: Not Initiated
This call was not initiated as this stock was struck in trend reversal.
3. EQSIS Intra: Long DRREDDY above 2557 Target 2584.5 Stop below 2535 CMP 2545
This call was given in the afternoon as this stock was seen performing well with along with pharma sector.
This call was initiated as expected and was grinding higher but ended below the target.
updated 6:15 pm
Top Stocks To Watch On Tuesday 16 October 2018
ADANIPOWER surged by 7.07% and closed at Rs.34.85. At the same time it registered a considerable margin over a recent days. Trading volume spiked by 94 percent on 15 October 2018. Yet most of the trades are settled intraday. There is an evidence of bullish breakout. This stock is currently settled above the recent resistance zone. We see short term support around 22.
ITC volume increased by 39 percent on 15 October 2018. Surprisingly 62% of the trades gone for delivery. Derivative traders were aggressive in exiting short positions. Open interest reduced by 3.96 %. It is trading inside the trading range. The Support is seen around 267 and resistance is seen around 308.
DRREDDY surged by 4.75% and to close at Rs.2566.85. Trading volume spiked by 44 percent on Monday. Derivative traders were aggressive in adding long positions. Open interest increased by 2.89 %. It is oscillating nearer to its resistance zone of 2646.
PTC volume increased by 32 percent at last session. However numerous trades were settled intraday. It is frequently rising for 5 days. It is trading inside the trading range. The Support is seen around 65 and resistance is seen around 84.
SOUTHBANK volume inflated by 56 percent on Monday. There could be negative breakout. The aggressive nature of bears is evident from the unfilled gap.It is trading below its recent support zone. The Near term resistance is seen around 17.
HINDPETRO declined by 2.7% and ended at Rs.212.5. It is one among the top traded stocks. It is trading inside the trading range. The Support is seen around 169 and resistance is seen around 261.
TV18BRDCST surged by 13.09% and settled at Rs.39.75. Trading volume rose by 384 percent. Yet majority of them are intraday in nature. It is oscillating nearer to its resistance zone of 42.
Updated 5:00 pm
Closing Bell: The NSE NIFTY 50 Index rose 0.38% percent to settle at 10512.20 on Monday. Indian Equity benchmark NIFTY ended higher for the second straight day in the first trading session of the week led by gains in IT and Pharmaectical stocks.
Among sector gauges compile by NSE NIFTY PHARMA, NIFTY IT and NIFTY MEDIA ended as top gainers while NIFTY AUTO, NIFTY METAL and NIFTY METAL are top losers.
From the NIFTY50 basket of shares DRREDDY, CIPLA, INFY, HINDALCO and ITC ended as top gainers while HINDPETRO, BAJAJFINSV, HINDUNILVR, M&M and GAIL are top losers.
Updated 4:13 pm
- Total revenue grew to Rs 6755 crores in Q2 FY19, an increase from 4205 crores on YoY basis.
- Net profit after tax to Rs 920 crores in Q2 FY19, an increase from Rs 880 crores in Q2 FY18.
- Earnings per share to Rs 15.32 crores in Q2 FY19, an increase from Rs 14.7 YoY basis.
- The Net NPA increased marginally to 4.8% from 4.4% on YoY basis.
- Total revenue grew to Rs 1401 crores in Q2 FY19, an increase from Rs 1155 croes on YoY basis.
- Net profit after tax to Rs 109 crores in Q2 FY19, an increase from Rs 50.9 crores in Q2 FY18.
- Earnings per share to Rs 2.14 crores in Q2 FY19, an increase from Rs 1 YoY basis.
Updated 2:45 pm
- Lupin Limited has informed the Exchange regarding a press release dated October 15, 2018, titled “Lupin receives tentative FDA approval for generic Lurasidone Hydrochloride Tablets, 20 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg, 80 mg and 120 mg”.
Updated 11:28 am
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited has informed the Exchange regarding a press release dated October 15, 2018, titled “Glenmark Pharmaceuticals receives ANDA approval for Hydrocortisone Valerate Cream USP, 0.2%”.
Updated 9:50 am
Rupee Opens Lower
- After a weak opening the rupee has slipped further, trading near to the 74 mark. Currently it is trading at 73.87 per dollar, down 31 paise.
Updated 9:25 am
Earnings To Watch
- Delta Corp
- Network !8
- Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd
- IndusInd Bank
- Zee Learn
- Zee Media
Updated 9:20 am
Hindustan Unilever Ltd
- Domestic Consumer Growth was 12% with Underlying Volume Growth at 10%.
- EBITDA margin was up 160 bps and Profit after tax at Rs.1522 Crores grew by 23%.
- The Board of Directors has declared an interim dividend of Rs. 9 per share for the year ending 31st March 2019.
- Earnings per share grew to Rs 7.6 in Q2 FY19, an increase from Rs 5.91 in Q2 F18.
Updated 9:19 am
Top News Of The Day
ONGC, Oil India, IOC To Buyback shares
- The boards of Indian Oil, IOC, ONGC face the pressure from the government to buyback their shares worth Rs 10000 crores.
Affordable Homes Demand Surges
- Demand for affordable homes lifts Q2 housing sales 15% in top 7 markets but the prices are mostly stagnant.
JLR To Raise Fund
- JLR to raise $ 1 billion via offshore loan market to meets its future growth prospects
Updated 9:17 am
Good morning. Welcome to the live coverage of all the Intraday actions. Track this space for all the news, views and updates from the market.