Nifty log gains for 5th day as banking & IT stocks spurt
How well the EQSIS recommendations performed today 15 March?
1. EQSIS Intra: Long ICICIBANK above 395.5 Target 398.3 Stop below 393.25 CMP 394.5
Status: Not Initiated
2. EQSIS Intra: Long TITAN above 1114 Target 1124 Stop below 1106 CMP 1110
Status: Not Initiated
3. EQSIS Intra: Long INFY above 715 Target 719.9 Stop below 711 CMP 714
4. EQSIS Intra: Long TCS above 2010 Target 2021.3 Stop below 2001 CMP 2007
Closing Bell: Nifty log gains for 5th day as banking & IT stocks spurt
The benchmark index Nifty-50 closed 83 points higher at 11,426 on Friday. The key benchmark index Nifty closed higher for the fifth straight session, led by gains in Kotak Bank, TCS, Wipro, HCL Tech and SBI. Most of the sectoral indices ended in green led by IT, Banking and Finance with 1 percent gain, followed by Media and Pharma.
On a weekly basis, the NSE Nifty 50 Index jumped 3.5 per cent and settled above 11,400 mark.
Asian markets finished broadly higher on Friday as sentiment improved on a report that U.S- China trade talks were making progress.
Nifty50 Advances/ Declines
Market Update: Nifty rises by over 100 points; IT Shares Extend rally
The benchmark index Nifty were trading 103 points higher at 11,436 on Friday’s afternoon session. Indian equity market continued to surge higher after opening gap up. Sector-wise, most of the sectors were trading in the green while Nifty IT was the top performer, up 2.09%, led by strong gains in HCL Tech, Wipro, Infy and TCS.
FMCG sector were trading lower with loses from Hindustan unilever which fell over 2 percent followed by Marico, ITC, Britannia and Colpal.
Treasure Quiz Q1
One among the three stocks has formed bearish engulfing on yesterday and currently trading below the engulfing day’s low
* Pick the right one and make use of it and also answer the stock in comment section
Morning Update: Nifty track Asian peers higher; Banking stock leads
The NSE Nifty were trading above 11,400 level by soaring 71 points to 11,413 on Friday. Market extend rally for the 5th straight day amidst positive Asian cues. Among the sectors, Bank sector led the gains today, rising 1.36% followed by auto, IT, finance and pharma while FMCG and metal sectors were under pressure.
FII & DII Deets
Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) bought shares worth Rs 2213 crore and Domestic Institutional Investors sold Rs 817.77 crore worth of shares in the Indian equity market on March 14.
Top News Of The Day
BOI To Raise Money
- State-run Bank of India Thursday said it is looking to raise at least Rs 400-500 crore from sale of a non-core asset by end-March.
NCLT Approves Demerger Of IIFL
- The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has approved the proposed demerger of Fairfax-backed IIFL Group, which paves the way for listing of three entities — IIFL Finance, IIFL Wealth and IIFL Securities.
Welcome to the live coverage of all the Intraday actions. Track this space for all the news, views and updates from the marke