Nifty ended the first weekly expiry in negative terrain
How well the EQSIS recommendations performed today 14 February?
1. EQSIS Intra: Long TECHM above 810 Target 816.3 Stop below 805 CMP 809
2. EQSIS Intra: Long HEROMOTOCO above 2844 Target 2874 Stop below 2820 CMP 2836
3. EQSIS Intra: Short COALINDIA below 214.4 Target 212 Stop above 216.3 CMP 214.8
4. EQSIS Intra: Long AXISBANK above 702 Target 709.5 Stop below 696 CMP 700
Status: Not Initiated
Closing Bell: Nifty ended the first weekly expiry in negative terrain
The benchmark index NSE Nifty 50 index closed 47 points lower at 10,746 with 29 components ending in the red and 21 in the green. Domestic equity index Nifty continued facing selling pressure and ending the day in red. Among sectors, selling was visible among IT and metals index. Meanwhile, Media index outperformed which gained near 4%.
Among shares, HDFC Bank, HDFC, Infosys, Reliance Industries, TCS, Kotak Bank, HUL, Asian Paints, M&M were the main drags on indexes. Yes Bank, ICICI Bank, ITC, IndusInd Bank and Sun Pharma batted for the bulls, helping limit losses.
Asian markets finished lower today as investors too waited for cues from US-China trade meet.
NSE Sector Performance
- Total revenue grew to Rs 29918 crores in Q3 FY19, an increase from Rs 24174 crores in Q3 FY18.
- Net profit after tax grew to Rs 8262 crores in Q3 FY19, an increase from Rs 5014 crores in Q3 FY18.
- Earnings per share grew to Rs 6.44 in Q3 FY19, an increase from Rs 3.9 in Q3 FY18.
- Total revenue grew to Rs 8346 crores in Q3 FY19, an increase from Rs 7232 crores in Q3 FY18.
- Net profit after tax grew to Rs 380 crores in Q3 FY19, a decrease from Rs 484 crores in Q3 FY18.
- Earnings per share grew to Rs 1.3 in Q3 FY19, a decrease from Rs 1.6 in Q3 FY18.
Market Update: Nifty below 10,750 mark dragged by finance and metal stocks
The benchmark index NSE Nifty 50 Index declined 51 points to 10,741 on Thursday. Key equity benchmark index Nifty extended their losses in afternoon session, impacted by selling pressure in Metal and Finance sectors.
The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 794 shares have advanced, 1022 shares declined, and 127 shares are unchanged.
Morning Update: Nifty trade lower on mixed global cues
The benchmark index NSE Nifty50 were trading at 10,750 with a loss of 44 points on Thursday. Domestic equity market fell for the fifth day in a row and now trading below 10,800 mark, tracking mixed global cues. Sector wise, the NSE Media sector surged up by 1.05 percent while weakness was seen in IT and Metal sectors. The market breadth was tilted in favour of sellers. About 691 stocks advanced and 1074 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
Top advancers on the 50-scrip index were Yes Bank, India Bull Housing Finance, Hero MotoCorp, Zeel while the top losers were Hindustan Petroleum, Bharti Airtel, Infratel, and BPCL.
Yes Bank rallies 26% as RBI finds no divergence in the asset classification and provisioning done by the lender during 2017-18
Domestic currency depreciated 14 paise against the US dollar in the morning session.
FII & DII Deets
Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) bought shares worth Rs 1169.60 crore and Domestic Institutional Investors bought Rs 713.10 crore worth of shares in the Indian equity market on February 12
Earnings To Watch
- Ashok Leyland
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Nestle India
Top News Of The Day
Volvo To Lead EV Race In India
- Volvois on course to launch the first plug-in hybrid vehicle assembled locally in India later this year and plans to have a portfolio of half- a-dozen plug-in hybrids and battery-operated electric vehicles in India by 2021.
Piaggio To Revamp Its Products
- Piaggio Vehicles, an Italian automaker from the group that makes Vespa and Piaggio scooters, plans to revamp its transporter and freighter portfolio with an unprecedented 21 new models complying with strict emission standards that India would adopt next year.
Welcome to the live coverage of all the Intraday actions. Track this space for all the news, views and updates from the market