Nifty end in negative terrain ahead of macro data releases
How well the EQSIS recommendations performed today 12 February?
1. EQSIS Intra: Long HINDPETRO above 235.5 Target 237.7 Stop below 233.75 CMP 234.9
2. EQSIS Intra: Long TATASTEEL above 487 Target 492.9 Stop below 482.25 CMP 485
3. EQSIS Intra: Long TITAN above 1071 Target 1080.4 Stop below 1063.5 CMP 1069
Closing Bell: Nifty end in negative terrain ahead of macro data releases
The benchmark index NSE Nifty were trading at 10,831 with a loss of 57 points. Domestic equity key index Nifty ended in the negative terrain for the third straight session on Tuesday as caution prevailed ahead of macro data releases due later in the day. Nifty PSU Bank was the worst-performing sectoral index and was down 1.61% while good buying was observed in Media, and Metal was top gainer, up 1.3-1.7 percent as much as respectively.
From the Nifty 50 basket of shares, Infratel, Hero MotoCorp, HDFC, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank and UPL were the top losers. On the flipside, Zee Entertainment, JSW Steel, Sun Pharma, NTPC, Coal India and Eicher Motors were the top gainers, up 1.85-4 per cent each.
NSE Sector Performance
Market Update: Nifty turns choppy; Metal sector outperformed
The Nifty 50 Index were trading 18 points lower at 10,870, below its key level 10,900. Nifty turned choppy session with negative bias ahead of the release of key macroeconomic numbers. IT and Realty sectors plunge over 1% while Metal sector outperformed led by gains in Jindal Steel & Power Limited, Steel Authority of India Limited, Hindustan Copper Limited, and JSW Steel.
Morning Update: Nifty trade on tepid note ahead of key macro data
Benchmark equity index Nifty were trading on a tepid note in the morning session ahead of the release of key macroeconomic numbers despite strong global cues. The Nifty 50 Index were trading 18 points lower at 10,870 While Nifty still below 10,900 mark. All sectoral indices are giving mixed trends, with gains visible among metal and media, while IT and realty are showing minor signs of pressure. The market breadth was narrow range. About 730 stocks advanced and 782 shares declined on National Stock Exchange.
All the major Asian indices were trading on a higher note on Tuesday as investors looked ahead to U.S.-Chinese trade talks.
FII & DII Deets
Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) bought shares worth Rs 811.91 crore and Domestic Institutional Investors sold Rs 232.55 crore worth of shares in the Indian equity market on February 11
Earnings To Watch
- Coal India
- Hindalco Industries
- Sun Pharmaceutical
- Bata India
- Oil India
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Karur Vysya
Earnings Reaction To Watch
Eicher Motors Limited
- Total revenue grew to Rs 2341 crores in Q3 FY19, an increase from Rs 2269 crores in Q3 FY18.
- Net profit after tax grew to Rs 533 crores in Q3 FY19, an increase from Rs 520 crores in Q3 FY18.
- Earnings per share grew to Rs 195 in Q3 FY19, an increase from Rs 190 in Q3 FY18.
Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd
- Total revenue grew to Rs 16473 crores in Q3 FY19, an increase from Rs 14388 crores in Q3 FY18.
- Net profit after tax grew to Rs 555 crores in Q3 FY19, a decrease from Rs 562 crores in Q3 FY18.
- Earnings per share grew to Rs 1.2 in Q3 FY19, an increase from Rs 1.1 in Q3 FY18.
Top News Of The Day
Government To Raise Money
- The Centre is seeking to raise around Rs 5,316 crore by selling its 3% stake, owned through the Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (SUUTI), in private sector lender Axis Bank.
Bidding By Bank Of America
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch emerged as the sole bidder in State Bank of India’s auction of its loans to bankrupt Essar Steel, and it bid for only a part of the Rs 13,000-crore of loans.
Welcome to the live coverage of all the Intraday actions. Track this space for all the news, views and updates from the market