Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 373 total)
  • Author
    EQSIS
    Keymaster

What is long / short / long unwinding / Short Covering?

Pradeep
    Participant

If we buy a stock expecting the price of the share to go high then is said to be creating long position. On the contrary if we sell a stock expecting the price to go down it is called Short Position.

Selling the stock that is already bought is long unwinding and Buying a stock that has been already sold is Short covering.

Abirami Duraisamy
    Participant

Long: Long position is to buy the stocks first and then selling it later.

Short: Sell the Stocks first (without having stocks in account) and then buy them before the final settlement.

Long Unwinding: Close out position of Long, i.e Selling the stocks to exit the long position.

Short Covering: Close out position of Short, i.e Buying back the stocks to exit the short position.

Abirami Duraisamy
    Participant

Long:  Buy the stocks first and then sell it later.

Short: Sell the stocks first(Without having stocks in Account) and then buy them later, before the final settlement.

Long Unwinding: Close out Position of Long, i.e Selling the stocks to exit the long position.

Short Covering: Close out Position of Short, i.e Buying back the stocks to exit the short position.

Annamalai
    Participant

Long means share are buy and hold it for long term basis it is called as long team stocks..

Short means share are buy and sell it quickly it is called as short term stocks..

Long unwinding means the underlying asset will be consider as unwinding the long position when both price& open interest goes down.. when price goes down with open interest , there is expectation from derivative segment for stocks  to go down further it is called as long unwinding..

Short covering means the underlying asset will be consider as covering the short position when price goes up & open interest goes down..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 373 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 | Rights Reserved | EQSIS | Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Forgot your details?